A crazy name I know but these are some of the easiest delights you can make. So satisfying and so simple, the whole family will love these. We serve these on the buffet alongside a variety of meat dishes as well as a great snack as part of our afternoon tea offer. Try serving these instead of chips or mashed potato or just as a great snack.
Kartoffelpuffer (German Potato Pancakes)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in potatoes and onion.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- In batches, drop heaped tablespoons of the potato mixture into the pan. Press to flatten.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
Recipe from Cuckoo Restaurant, Olinda