Here are some simple and effective ways to make your actions matter. Can’t wait to see you.
- Attend a Bushfire fundraising event. There are plenty of activities to choose from.
- Make your next gift to someone special a weekend away or midweek getaway in the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges.
- Order a carton of wine direct from the winery via their online sales portal or farmgate.
- Talk to your employer about holding your next team meeting, training or conference in the Yarra Valley or Dandenong Ranges.
- Take a day trip and explore the weekend markets for your fruit and veggie shopping. Buy your basics from a regional trader.
- Explore a new town in the region you haven’t been to before. Take a drive of discovery, and treat yourself to a yummy lunch.
- Gather your friends and book time away to catch up after a busy start to the year. Midweek is a perfect opportunity for a restful retreat.
- Visit a nursery and stock up on native trees. There are plenty of gorgeous native nurseries you can purchase from to plant at home.
- Add a night or two to your existing travel plans…make it a holiday, not just a short break.
- And then arrive early, and leave late.
- Bring an empty esky and shopping bags and stock up on Yarra Valley local produce and delicacies.
- Book a tour – there are so many wineries, art galleries, and nature experiences to enjoy – let someone local show you the way.
- #Payitforward – many local cafes and restaurants are participating in this program but it also applies to any random act of kindness.
- #Buyfromthebush – support local artists and crafters, and micro businesses.
- Fill up with petrol at your destination, instead of before you leave home – and groceries too if you are in self-catering accommodation.
- Surprise your loved one with an accommodation gift voucher.
- Anything you can do in the city, you can do in the region – even everyday actions make a difference – have a haircut, or a facial while you are here.
- Gather your friends for a ‘shopping trip’ and discover the unique and the wonderful village shopping strips - The Dandenong Ranges villages are fabulous.
- Order a bespoke or custom-made item for home from a local – a painting, or perhaps a piece of furniture of fine craftmanship.
- Tell your friends to come and visit. Or better still bring someone to the Yarra Valley or Dandenong Ranges who hasn’t been before.
- Donate to hyperlocal causes.
Post images and videos of you enjoying your time in the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges using the #visityarravalley #visitdandenongranges #sharingiscaring #visitnillumbik
A short visit goes a long way.