Wondering what to do in the Dandenong Ranges this weekend? We can help. Check out our 'What's On' to all the fun things to do in the region, from free events to exhibitions, theatre shows, live music and more.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This issue of What's On has been prepared with the most up-to-date information available at the time. However given the COVID-19 health emergency, trading conditions and event cancellations are occurring on an hour-to-hour basis. We strongly recommend you check directly with venue or operator on the day for updates or check their social media platforms.
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK
From 11.59pm on Wednesday 8 July, stage 3 restrictions are being reintroduced in metropolitan Melbourne. The 'stay at home' directive covers the Yarra Ranges region, which includes the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges.
Our venues, cafes, restaurants and tourism operators are adapting quickly but please be patient as we all adjust to a new normal for a bit. We want everyone to keep safe, stay at home and protect our families, communities and the region. So the virtual world once again becomes a 'real world', and dining out at home the new treat.
Plus! An extra week of school holidays has been announced so here are some way to keep kids virtually entertained.:
- Yarra Valley Chocolaterie is doing daily lives on their Facebook page.
- Healesville Sanctuary live stream. See what their favourite animals are up to every day.
- Kids get arty on Monday mornings on the Tarrawarra Museum of Art Facebook page.
- Feeling peckish? Got a celebration to cater. There are so many options for eating well at home and supporting your local restaurant or cafe at the same time. Click here here for our top TAKEAWAY AND HOME DELIVERY recommendations.
- NILLUMBIK ARTS - LIVE JULY - Innovative live-streamed series of events showcasing artists in Nillumbik every day in July. Full program on Facebook. Demonstrations, workshops, music sessions and more enjoy at home. Learn photography, discover photo etching, peek behind the scenes and develop some new arty skills. FREE.
- FIRESIDE YARRA VALLEY - WINE DOWN -Sunday 19 July from 4pm - Instragram live streaming a very special edition of Yarra Valley Wine Down series - Fireside Yarra Valley. From the Healesville Hotel, showcasing six winemakers from De Bortoli Wines, Handpicked Wines, Rob Dolan Wines, Santolin Wines, Thousand Candles and Zonzo Estate.
- FONDATA 1872 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY - Enjoy a seasonal and rustic Italian inspired Christmas feast you can 'Heat at Home'. Prepared by chefs using the finest ingredients, finished by you. Delivering Sat 25 July.
- MARY EATS CAKE - High Tea at home from Mary's Online Store. Preorder and purchase High Tea, speciality food boxes & premium product online for delivery and collection from Thur - Sun. Takeaway too.
ONLINE STORE NOW OPEN Buy the best of the region, the can't live without and the hard to get – delivered direct to your door. All the good things from the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges – food, homewares, arts, bath &body, experiences and wine/beverage (coming as soon as we can) – just a click away.
FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SALES - Rayner's Orchard, Woori Yallock
Got wine? No need to drink alone. Tune in online for virtual cellar door tastings, meet the makers and maybe even a song:
Wednesdays - Watts River Brewing 'Wednesday Winos' Facebook Live from 8pm
Thursdays - Wine Yarra Valley Virtual Cellar Door at 5pm - this week features Yering Station
Fridays - Watts River Brewing livestream from 6pm
From 1 June, General and Craft Markets in the region will also be able to recommence activities. Fresh food markets in outdoor areas continue trading with appropriate social distancing practices.
YARRA VALLEY/HEALESVILLE ORGANIC FARMERS MARKET - Every Saturday
YARRA GLEN RACECOURSE MARKET - Every Saturday in June/July
UPPER FERNTREE GULLY MARKET - Every Saturday
ELTHAM FARMERS MARKET - Every Sunday morning
EMERALD COMMUNITY MARKET - now online
ST ANDREWS MARKET - now online
More Markets Listed Here:
GETTING HITCHED YOUR WAY - OFF PEAK WEDDINGS DIGITAL MAGAZINE
FREE TO DOWNLOAD HERE
NEW E BOOK - 200 WALKS IN THE YARRA VALLEY AND DANDEONG RANGES